Long Weekends Off
I hope everyone enjoyed the time they had with their family and friends for the holidays, I know I did! However have you ever noticed how quickly your fitness routine can take a plummet during a holiday weekend - I know I have. Sometimes it isn't even your fault either yanno? Gym is closed, time is spent with friends you see twice a year or family you don't see often, going to other people's houses for your second dinner of the night, it takes a toll.
No worries though! Don't let a weekend full of fattening foods and beer get your feeling soggy. A new week is about to start which means it's time to get back in the swing of things physically and mentally. One weekend away from the gym or exercise won't kill ya, it's good for ya. It's a nice physical and mental relax. It's a way to give your body and your muscles a break from the daily carnage of a busy life and time beating them up at the gym. Time to come back with a full stomach and a good outlook to take on the week!
No worries though! Don't let a weekend full of fattening foods and beer get your feeling soggy. A new week is about to start which means it's time to get back in the swing of things physically and mentally. One weekend away from the gym or exercise won't kill ya, it's good for ya. It's a nice physical and mental relax. It's a way to give your body and your muscles a break from the daily carnage of a busy life and time beating them up at the gym. Time to come back with a full stomach and a good outlook to take on the week!
Colt, I had a great Thanksgiving, I'm glad you did as well! i think I ended up eating 3 full dinners on Thanksgiving day! Also, I did notice how during the holiday weekend, my fitness routine tends to fall off. However, I am looking forward to getting back into my routine this week, granted I don't have any other surprises that pop up! My body did need a break so I'm not as upset about it either. It was a nice recharge physically and mentally like you said!
ReplyDeleteI know exactly what you mean! My fitness routine is going to practice and doing what ever Coach has planned for my teammates and I that day, but Thanksgiving break definitely broke my routine I had going. I'm very thankful to see my family and friends, but if it weren't for my sister I probably wouldn't of had any motivation to do anything over break. My family and friends don't take exercising as serious as I do, but they are always physically active. Sometimes I need a break from the same workout routine, so going to the gym with my sister and doing her work out was good for me. I guess exercise doesn't have to be so structured like I am used to, either way it is still beneficial!
ReplyDeleteI could not agree more the best that works for me is long breaks. I also work harder every time I come back from a really long break.
ReplyDeleteI understand this very well after this weekend. Just trying to get into the gym and get through a workout was tough. It was pretty discouraging when I was struggling to even do the heart rate assignment on all the cardio machines. Even after only 5 days off from working out I can feel the toll on my body. Definitely going to have to work just a little bit harder over the next week or two to get back into condition. Keep it up people we got this!
ReplyDelete